Student Development and Team
Character Education Vision
Nurture citizens of good character with a strong sense of responsibility and service.
Character Education Key Programmes
In order to form good habits and develop Servant Leaders, the school has adopted The Leader in Me, a 7 Habits based programme for students, as a key programme in Character Formation. This is to build on the earlier character development efforts based on Thomas Lickona’s Character Matters. The school widely uses Positive Education as a means of reaching out to the students to motivate them in all aspects. Various recognition processes are also in place to motivate our students.
- Positive Education
- Growth Mindset
- The Leader in Me Program
- Peer Support Program
- Guardian Angel
- Class Points System
- Start Right Program
- Leave to Serve Program
- Connect 1-6
- Take 5 and Take 1
- Caught Doing Good
Cyber Wellness @SJI Junior aims to develop each student into a values-driven, media-literate, safe and responsible digital learner.
Cyberwellness Key Programmes
SJIJ's cyberwellness programme aims to develop the student’s instinct to protect and empower him to take responsibility for his own well-being in cyberspace. The three principles, ‘Respect for Self and Others’, ‘Safe and Responsible Use’ and ‘Positive Peer Influence’ when adhered to will anchor a student’s well-being in cyberspace as he will then be able to make careful and well-considered decisions.
- Assembly Talks
- Recess Activities
- Cyber Wellness Lesson Packages
- Cyber Wellness infused into English lessons
- Cyber Wellness Student Ambassadors Training
ECG Key Programmes
The P4 pupils are given the opportunity to apply for a job, go for an interview, once appointed, carry out a job for 2-4 weeks and earn VIA hours.
- Assembly Programme
- Focus Group Discussion
- ECG Lesson
- MySkillsFuture Portal Training
- Career Fair
- To equip students with life skills for continuous learning and training.
- To enable students to be self-aware and self-directed in planning for their future.
- To inculcate in students a sound appreciation and acknowledgement for all the occupations in Singapore and how they can contribute to the well-functioning of society.